Sevilla travel to Slovenia to play against hosts Maribor as they look to qualify for the second round of the 2017-18 UEFA Champions League.
- Maribor having played 5 matches is at position 4 with 2 points in this 2017-18 Europe UEFA Champions League Group E.
- They have won 0 times, drawn 2 times and lost 3 games.
- They have won 1 time, drawn 1 time in their overall 2 home games played.
- Their last 5 matches played they have won 2 games, drawn 2 games and lost 1 game: (WDLDW)
- Their last game played against Gorica and won the match 2-1 at home.
- So far in this tournament they have scored 2 goals for (GF), conceded 15 goals against (GA) and have remained with a goal difference (GD) of -13 goals.
- Sevilla having played 5 matches is at position 2 with 8 points in this 2017-18 Europe UEFA Champions League Group E.
- They have won 2 times, drawn 2 times and lost 1 game.
- They have drawn 1 times and lost 1 times in their overall 2 away game played.
- Their last 5 matches played they have won 4 games, drawn 1 games and lost 0 games: (WWWDW)
- They come into the game having beaten Deportivo La Coruna 2-0 away from home.
- So far in this tournament they have scored 11 goals for (GF), conceded 11 goal against (GA) and have remained with a goal difference (GD) of 0 goals.
- Sevilla have won two and drawn one of their two previous meetings with Maribor, two of which came in the 2013/14 Europa League knockout rounds.
- The last meeting between the two teams ended in 3-0 win for Sevilla at home on 26/09/2017
Why Maribor will win
The hosts have nothing to play for in this match but with home ground advantage they will angling to revenge their first match loss against the same rivals .
Why Sevilla will win
The 3-3 draw in Seville against Liverpool’ shows how the visitors have a lot of determination and they are a class above the Slovenian side who have zero chance of even qualifying for the Europa League.
Maribor vs Sevilla Prediction
The fact that the Seville team has been inconsistent at the back but they have always managed to compensate that with fluid attacking displays and the hosts have won just three of their last eight matches in all competitions and with nothing to play for here, Sevilla will get away an important win.
|S. Moscow Vs Maribor||1 – 1||Sevilla Vs Liverpool||3 – 3|
|Liverpool Vs Maribor||3 – 0||Sevilla Vs S. Moscow||2 – 1|
|Maribor Vs Liverpool||0 – 7||S. Moscow Vs Sevilla||5 – 1|
|Sevilla Vs Maribor||3 – 0||Sevilla Vs Maribor||3 – 0|
|Maribor Vs S. Moscow||1 – 1||Liverpool Vs Sevilla||2 – 2|