• By admin
  • September 21, 2017

Manchester City Undergoes Unspecified Investigation Confirmed By FIFA

Manchester City Undergoes Unspecified Investigation Confirmed By FIFA

FIFA has confirmed an unspecified investigation into Manchester City is “ongoing”.

The reasons for the probe are unclear with the world governing body giving no further details and City denying all knowledge of it.

The club say they have had no contact from FIFA concerning any new issues.

FIFA cleared City of acting inappropriately over the signing of Benjamin Garre from Argentinian club Velez Sarsfield days after his 16th birthday last year.

READ  Kylian Mbappe Ready To Make PSG Debute On Friday Says Unai Emery

That case remains active, however, with Velez having appealed against the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. A hearing was scheduled for July but a verdict has not yet been delivered.

“We can confirm that an investigation is ongoing, however, please note that we cannot provide any details concerning the matters under investigation,” said a FIFA spokesperson.

The matter has come to light following FIFA’s confirmation on Wednesday that Chelsea were being investigated over their recruitment of youth players.

READ  Sterling Admits That His Life Is Better Playing Under Pep Guardiola

City are currently banned from signing certain academy players from English clubs after being found guilty of breaching Premier League youth development rules over the signing of two players.

The ban was for two years but the second year, due to begin on June 30, 2018, will be suspended for three years.

Leave a Reply