It’s back! It’s here! Premier League football has returned!
After a summer of transfer madness, national humiliation at Euro 2016 and pretending that pre-season friendlies actually matter, the English top-flight kicks back into gear this weekend.
And what a season 2016/17 promises to be. Since the end of the last campaign, we’ve had the addition of world record signings, world class managers and (several) world-renowned egos.
All of which means we are 100 per cent sure the following things are all definitely going to happen…
1. Jose Mourinho will declare he is fed up of talking about Pep Guardiola…
2. …at the start of a press conference in which he does nothing other than talk about Pep Guardiola.
3. The new one-man kick-offs we first saw at the Euros will freak everyone out.
4. Gary Lineker will somehow find a way to present the first Match Of The Day of the season in his pants… without taking any of his clothes off.
5. Every single person in the world will get confused between the EFL Trophy and the EFL Cup.
Yes, they are two separate competitions.